Sunday, February 04, 2007

Recent visit to Kombai

It was a flying visit. Managed to take a few photos to record few moments. Recorded the Kombai/Chennai/Coimbatore pictures in UK time and came back to UK and recorded the snow pictures in Indian time.


Thaththa has become a picture.
DSCN4033


DSCN4037
Chiththi


Stitched_001
the face changed home of mine


DSCN4042
our new house in kombai

Chevaththa puliyamaram looks shorter and fatter after 30 years. It has got some green-tamarind trees as company as well. (click on the images to see full size picture)
DSCN4066 DSCN4070 DSCN4072 DSCN4073



Some old days discovered.

DSCN4145


10thphoto_full
1984 (ananthi came to see me. Missed to take photo with her).

senthil's letter to me
1987 Senthil's letter to me.



onerupee_front onerupee_back
1989 - some poor soul's autograph to me. Arul is no more.


DSCN4165
The stones I used to play thattangal (girl's game using stones), well preserved in my petti


DSCN4026
Narrowed down lane of mine


Kombai girls
DSCN4045 DSCN4051




Chiththappa's thottam (my uncle's farm)
DSCN4097 DSCN4095 DSCN4081


<DSCN4088
Cousin brother - also Senthil.


DSCN4085 DSCN4083
Kanahambaram


DSCN4122 DSCN4123
Kaappu


DSCN4120 DSCN4116
Thumbai (rackadip poo)



DSCN4129 DSCN4131
Unni

DSCN4135 DSCN4128
The Ghats and the temple at the foothills


Catching up
DSCN4112 DSCN4113

DSCN4108
Annalatchumi mathini


And, Friends ;-)
DSCN4004 DSCN4173

6 comments:

Mani said...

Hello Premalatha,

Its impressive. This remainds my native, yes I am from Sathy (on the way to Mysore). I really enjoy reading your blogs.

Thanks,
Mani

Anonymous said...

Andha 1984 photos maathiri enga veetulayum neraya photos irukku. En sisters ellarum ithe maathiri pinnala oru sidela munnadi pottirupanga :))
typical southie style :))

ammani said...

There's a lump in my throat when I see these photos. Heck, they aren't even my photos. Still, feel oddly sad. May be because I miss the innocence of those years.

Premalatha said...

Hi viewmatrix,
Thanks for dropping by. I am glad you liked it.

@Dubukku,

appa, one person noticed some important detail. :)
rettai sadai, half-type (except Anandhi)
right side plait in the front
crossed leg (right side on top)
one (right) side flower (except Anandhi)
One (right) side hairpin (don't know Anandhi and Venki have it)
crossed hands
:)

@ammani,
Thank you, thank you. :)

Balaji S Rajan said...

Kalakkal photos. I was overwhelmed on seeing your old collections. Especially all the stones in a box and the one rupee note given by someone. What a great memory. You are lucky to be owning the same house in which you grew up. Nice memories.

Anonymous said...

It was great to see your photos again. I showed them to the Saint. She was wondering if you were pregnant. I told her about your posts on the topic but then I must confess I am not aware of the latest developments.

Take care.

- dadoji